Our Doctors of Chiropractic are health care professionals who specialize in musculoskeletal and nervous system conditions and the impact they have on a person’s overall health. Emphasis is placed on alleviating pain in the back, neck, joints and headaches—and correcting conditions that cause this pain. Like most other health care practitioners, chiropractors are licensed at the state level, by a state board of chiropractic examiners. Most states also require DCs to complete a number of hours of continuing education each year to maintain their licenses. Chiropractic is non-invasive, unlike procedures such as surgery. Drugs, particularly addictive painkillers, aren’t part of the practice. Normally, the cost of treatment is far lower. And often, people who have run out of other medical options find chiropractic provides relief.
10 Signs That You Should See Your Chiropractor:
- Chronic pain in your joints, muscles or head hasn’t improved with traditional medical treatments.
- Your job requires you to sit for long periods of time or to perform repetitive physical tasks.
- An injury to a muscle, joint or spine hasn’t healed with initial medical treatment, medications or physical therapy.
- Sharp pain shoots from your hip down your leg.
- Pain, achiness, a burning sensation or stiffness comes and goes in parts of your body, with no explainable cause.
- You want to address joint or muscle pain without drugs or surgery.
- The soles of your shoes consistently wear differently. For instance, the left outer heel of shoes for your right foot wears down more quickly.
- The hem of your skirts or pants hangs unevenly.
- Your head is positioned forward rather than directly over your shoulders.
- One of your shoulders is lower than the other.